Customer Service Policy Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Eastforest Homes Group of Companies is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices
that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities (elevator), Eastforest Homes Group of Companies will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and the description of alternative facilities or services, if available. This notice will be placed at the Design Studio location.
Training for Staff
Eastforest Homes Group of Companies will provide training to employees and others who deal with the public or third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Sales agents, receptionists, design associates, sales consultants, customer service coordinators, customer service technicians and managers.
This training will be provided to staff after 3 months of employment with the company in the position.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements for the customer service standard.
- Eastforest Homes Group of Companies’ plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of service animals or a support person.
- How to use the elevator available on site at our Design Studio to assist people to provide services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Eastforest Homes Group of Companies’ goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Eastforest Homes Group of Companies provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; provide feedback on a feedback card at the Design Studio or provide it verbally.
All feedback will be directed to Megan Sprason, Human Resources Generalist. Customers can expect to hear back in 5 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Eastforest Homes Group of Companies that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be
modified or removed.