The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA") lays down rules and principles for the management of "Personal Information" by private sector organizations that engage in commercial activities.
Eastforest Homes Ltd. is committed to the consumers' privacy, and it therefore welcomes PIPEDA.
Eastforest Homes Ltd. considers "Personal Information" to mean any information, other than publicly available information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information.
Eastforest Homes Ltd. uses only fair and lawful methods to collect Personal Information.
Eastforest Homes Ltd. does not sell, trade, barter, exchange or disclose for consideration any Personal Information in its possession, or that it may obtain in the course of its business activities, to any companies, organizations or individuals outside of Eastforest Homes Ltd.
Eastforest Homes Ltd. collects, uses and discloses Personal Information in order to:
- Provide homes and associated services to purchasers and tenants;
- Communicate with purchasers, potential purchasers, tenants, potential tenants, or lease applicants about Eastforest Homes Ltd. homes, leasing opportunities, existing and upcoming projects, and promotional offers;
- Manage Eastforest Homes Ltd. relationships with purchasers, potential purchasers, tenants, potential tenants, lease applicants, suppliers, contractors and agents;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Fulfill other purposes that are consistent with or related to the above purposes.
Eastforest Homes Ltd. retains Personal Information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill these purposes.